Can't install

I've studied your problem, and I can't say for sure what's wrong.  My
advice:

* Try reinstalling again and checking your basedisks.  Because _some_
files got installed and other didn't I would suspect that you may have
(1) installed the same disk twice by mistake or (2) made two copies of
one of images (i.e., both basedisks contain the same image).

* Try booting back to the bootdisk, mounting your root filesystem and
taking a look at what you see (or don't see) on it.

* I couldn't find anything that you had done wrong in the transcript
that you mailed.  Here's how to make a ``custom'' bootdisk, in case
you want to try this as well:

(This assumes you're running from the bootdisk and have the root
filesystem mounted on /root.)

(Of course, you need to have a floppy in /dev/fd0. :)

	# /root/bin/dd if=/root/vmlinuz of=/dev/fd0 bs=16k

Sorry I don't have a definite answer about this one.

Ian Murdock <imurdock@gnu.ai.mit.edu>