Re: Another Emacs bug

Matt Birkholz <birkholz@martigny.ai.mit.edu> writes:

> Whoa.  Let's not focus on the digression, shall we?  Did we get an ACK from
> the Emacs package maintainer on putting `(setq dired-chown-program "chown")'
> in /usr/lib/emacs/19.22/site-lisp/site-start.el?

I mailed in about this earlier, but it seems that my mail was eaten
somewhere along the way.

Patching the Emacs binary for this kind of problem is major overkill.
There is little reason that someone should need to patch anything in
the binary.  Before people start suggesting things like this to people
on this list, perhaps you could mail me?

Adding:

(setq dired-chown-program "/bin/chown") ; placement of chown binary

into the "site-start.el" or your ".emacs" should be sufficient for now.

Dan

--
Daniel Quinlan  <quinlan@spectrum.cs.bucknell.edu>