/usr/include/{linux, asm}

   Date: Fri, 25 Feb 94 17:54 PST
   From: Bill Mitchell <mitchell@mdd.comm.mot.com>

   Early on, the build failed because debian 0.91 has
   /usr/include/{linux, asm} as read directories with real files
   (which don't, incidentally match the files I have in my debian 0.91
   /usr/src/linux/include/{linux, asm} directories), and not symlinks
   as this README asks.

They _are_ symlinks.  Trust me, I just checked.  It sounds like you
used a copy program somewhere along the line that copies the link
targets instead of the links themselves (some of them do that).  And
it couldn't have been a packaging error, because I reinstall new
Debian releases just like everyone else and thus notice packaging
problems immediately.

   Since I'm close to the subject, I'll ask a question.  The 0.99pl15
   kernel I'm building is from the sources archived in the pl15 tar
   file on tsx-11.  My co-worker says he needs a pl15e or later
   kernel, but I see no pl15aa,b,c,d,e,... patch files.  Can someone
   point me towards the patch files needed to update the pl15 kernel
   sources?

Try nic.funet.fi: /pub/OS/Linux/PEOPLE/Linus.  I believe they're
available in the States somewhere on cps201.cps.cmich.edu as well.