Questions about debian 0.92

   Date: Tue, 22 Feb 94 14:09 PST
   From: sens@acf2.NYU.EDU (Sunando Sen)

   Hello, I was wondering if I should wait until 0.92 before upgrading,
   as I am still using 0.90.  Will the new sysvinit be in it?  Also, is
   there any possibility of shadow password support?  I heard that the
   next version of libc is going to have shadow password routines
   builtin.

Yes, you should wait.  It won't be long.  I took a look at SysVinit
2.5, and I must say that I like 2.4 better.  0.92 will still be using
that.  Too much in 2.5, in my opinion, is done from shell scripts.
(BTW, I removed the annoying `unrecognized option' warning in 2.4.
It was quite meaningless.)

As far as shadow password support... not bloody likely. :)

Ian