Latex/Tex etc

Hello folks:

As many of you folks might be aware, the binaries for the latex LaTeX2e
release were uploaded to sunstite about a week ago.

IT installs everything in /usr/TeX which is in accordance to the CTAN folks
I am not sure if this follows the FSSTND.

So, I would think, that it would be just ggood to include this thing
into the debian release? I do not know if the debian philosophy
is diffferent, but I thought I would atleast comment on this

Within, Latex, one might also want to get the \psfig macros, installation
for which is trivial.

As a bonus, one might include xfig, and transfig to create drawing
and to include then with LaTeX. This will of course have to come
in the X packages.

Kumar