Re: Ispell (answer and plea)

James A. Robinson writes:

> Well, I took a look in site-lisp, and this was what I found:
> 	1) Two ispell files, one called ispell.el.gz, one
> 	   called ispell.elc, I assume the elc was compiled from
> 	   the compressed one.
>
> 	2) The ispell.el.gz said this:
>
> 	;;; Spelling correction interface for GNU EMACS "ispell"
> 	;;; $Id: ispell.el,v 2.19 1992/01/10 10:54:08 geoff Exp $
						      ^^^^^
> 	;;;
>
> 	3) This is the error I get in the emacs buffer:
>
> 	   "Autoloading failed to define function ispell"
>
> Number two stumps me, is it the international version interface?
>
> Jim

The author of international ispell is Geoff Kuenning, so this file
must be from that distribution.  But it needs a patch to work with
emacs-19, which it may not have.  I think it is best to upgrade to
ispell 3.1, which is supposed to work with Linux and emacs-19 out of
the box.

--
Sunando Sen

Dept. of Economics			Email: sens@acf2.nyu.edu