A few questions for everyone

In your message of Sun, 13 Feb 1994 11:53:00 PST, you write:
+---------------
| Should I be grabbing and applying the ALPHA kernel patches as they are
| released?  Right now I'm using the released 0.99.15 kernel.
+------------->8

I think you want the filesystem fixes from pl15a, at least.  (The buffer cache
problem, where it won't shrink because all the pages for executables are at
the head of the free list so it thinks it has to page stuff out to make room
instead of reusing file buffers.)

| What was the solution for the Emacs RMAIL permission problem?  I've
| been playing around with it and I can't get it to work.

/var/spool/mail should be mode 1777 root.mail.  (Note the sticky bit.)  This
is the recommended permission for RMAIL (or at least it was in Emacs 18) to
work.

++Brandon
--
Brandon S. Allbery	   kf8nh@kf8nh.ampr.org		 bsa@kf8nh.wariat.org
"MSDOS didn't get as bad as it is overnight -- it took over ten years