passwd restrictions/options

I previously groused:

>[...]
> Along this line, let me register a grumble about a passwd program which
> requires choice of passwords which are overcomplicated for my system's
> usage situation.

I've now discovered /etc/passwd.conf (through the circuitous route of
first locating the npasswd source code, then finding that npasswd
supports a config file, and then discovering that the config file has
been relocated to /etc and renamed).  I've changed some of the options
in the file to values more in line with my particular (lenient but not
nonexistant) password security requirements, and I withdraw my grumble.

It's lookin' better and better. B^)

mitchell@mdd.comm.mot.com (Bill Mitchell)