Re: uugetty question.

James A. Robinson <jimr@simons-rock.edu> writes:

> A quick question, does anyone know if the uugetty program is set up
> to look in /var/lock for lock files? It *seems* to be interferring
> with my Seyon when uucp is activated, but I am not sure where the
> problem lies.

Several possibilities:

1. uugetty is using /usr/spool/uucp (massively outdated).

2. uugetty is using a different lock file format and is saving in
   either /(usr|var)/spool/locks or /var/lock.

3. something else is wrong.

Ian,

Check to make certain that you compile all of the (serial) device
stuff to use HDB lockfiles in /var/lock.  That includes dip, pcomm,
kermit, and the uucp stuff.

--
Daniel Quinlan  <quinlan@spectrum.cs.bucknell.edu>