debian 0.91 net-2 problem

   I still get the following messages during bootup:
     SIOCADDRT:  Address family not supported by protocol.
	(repeated 3 times, followed by)
     SIOCADDRT:  Network is unreachable.

This is due to the fact that you are attempting to use the new route
with a kernel (pl14) that does not support it.  Your best bet is to
get the pl15 source and compile it.

   This is followed by:
     Performing a few administrative tasks...
       Failed to bind string '' to function F23
       Failed to bind string '' to function F24
       Failed to bind string '' to function F25
       Failed to bind string '' to function F26
     done.

This is due to the fact that you are attempting to use the new
loadkeys, etc. with pl14.  These new programs only work with the later
ALPHA pl14 kernels and beyond.  Again, compiling pl15 will solve your
problems.

   Then, I start getting the following series of 3 messages repeated at close
   intervals, whether I am logged in or not (and even after shutdown):
     eth0: bogus packet size, status=0x0 nxpg=0x0 size=0x0
     eth0: bogus packet, status=0x0 nxpg=0x0 size=0x0
     eth0: mismatched read page pointers c vs 0
   This essentially makes the system unusable for anything, and of course, I
   can't connect to anything.

This is probably, again, the new route.

Or, perhaps, the fact that I put together networking without a
network... :)

Ian Murdock <imurdock@shell.portal.com>