Re: Gnu/Kfreebsd

El lun, 23-08-2010 a las 18:22 +0000, Camaleón escribió:
> Las ventajas con respecto a instalar un kernel GNU/Linux más o menos
> las veo claras, lo que no veo tan claro son las ventajas con respecto
> a instalar FreeBSD, directamente :-)

A parte del tema de probar cosas nuevas, aprender, etc... yo me
inclinaría también por liarla parda instalando directamente un *BSD. De
todos modos las preferencias por un sistema u otro son como los culos,
cada uno tiene el suyo y seguro que hay razones y razones a favor y en
contra.

Respecto a las ventajas de kFreeBSD sobre FreeBSD, y según el mismo link
(http://wiki.debian.org/Debian_GNU/kFreeBSD_why)

Why would you prefer Debian GNU/kFreeBSD to FreeBSD?

      * If you like the Debian package system (or its package set) more
        than FreeBSD ports (just a matter of preference).
      * If you like GNU userland more than BSDish one (again, just a
        matter of preference).
      * If you don't have anything against GPL or other copylefted free
        software licenses, you'll appreciate that useful kernel modules
        like ext2fs driver, the upcoming reiserfs and xfs, or the
        upcoming ethernet driver for Xbox are (or will be) compiled in
        on the default kernel.
      * If you're concerned about running a 100% free system, our
        commitment to the Debian Free Software Guidelines (DFSG)
        guarantees that Debian GNU/kFreeBSD doesn't contain any non-free
        software. In fact, we have removed some non-free binary-only
        drivers that are contained in the upstream FreeBSD tree, like
        the ath driver.