Re: Linux Mint

On Fri, Oct 01, 2010 at 04:41:56PM +0100, Ferran Donadie wrote:
> * Ismael L. Donis García <ismael@citricos.co.cu> [2010-10-01 10:03:56 -0400]:
>
> > Alguien me podría explicar que ventajas tendría en instalar Linux
> > Mint sobre debian?
> >

> Hola Ismael,
>
> Añadiendo a lo que han dicho los demás compañeros, o mejor dicho
> repitiéndome, es una distribución que tiene más en mente al usuario
> medio de ordenadores, con menor conocimiento técnico de un sistema
> informático, que un aficionado o un profesional. Más fácil de instalar y
> de usar en el día a día.
>
> Está basada en Ubuntu y desde hace poco, también tiene una edición
> basada en Debian, la distribución que seguimos en esta lista, algunos
> con una exaltación desaforada.
>
> Te pego algunos parrafos de la wiki sobre Mint, para que te quites un poco el
> mono por saber:
Yo voy a pegar algo mejor, ahora que he leido su aclaracion sobre
debian mint, contesto:

Known problems
No boot splash
Plymouth wasn't considered stable enough to be included in LMDE.
Alternatives such as usplash or splashy seemed obsolete and rather
than using them temporarily, it was decided not to use any default
boot splash.

Grub
LMDE uses the same version of Grub as Debian Testing. This version
describes LMDE as "LinuxMint" instead of "Linux Mint Debian" as
defined in /etc/linuxmint/info.

Software Sources
The Software Sources tool isn't branded yet. It contains two tabs
("Update" and "Statistics") which are not relevant to LMDE.

Live Installer
The installer on the live DVD only supports English. You can of
course install LMDE in other languages, but the installer itself
isn't fully localized/translated yet.

The live-installer doesn't remove live-installer-slideshow.

The installer crashes if partitions are to be formatted without a
mount point (for instance if you format your swap partition).

Update Manager
The Update Manager used in LMDE is the same as the one in other
editions of Linux Mint. No adaptation or changes were made yet to
accomodate it to the rolling nature of LMDE.

Missing packages
The following packages are missing and will soon be ported to LMDE:
jockey-gtk, usb-creator, simple-ccsm.

Upstream issues
LMDE is based on Debian Testing. Make sure to read the known issues
related to it.

Vamos, que no uses debian mint, esta muy verde ( Vale, el chiste es
malo, pero que se le va a hacer)