Re: squid

El lunes 13 de noviembre de 2000 a la(s) 16:20:46 +0100, Jaume Sabater contaba:

>¿Alguien sabe porque el squid se me muere de vez en cuando, dejándome ese
>mensaje en access.log?
>
>FATAL: You've run out of swap file numbers.

         RTFM:

--
11.25 You've run out of swap file numbers.

   Squid keeps an in-memory bitmap of disk files that are available for use,
     or are being used. The size of this bitmap is determined at run name,
     based on two
   things: the size of your cache, and the average (mean) cache object size.

   The size of your cache is specified in squid.conf, on the cache_dir
     lines. The mean object size can also be specified in squid.conf, with
     the
   'store_avg_object_size' directive. By default, Squid uses 13 Kbytes as
     the average size.

   When allocating the bitmaps, Squid allocates this many bits:
        2 * cache_size / store_avg_object_size

   So, if you exactly specify the correct average object size, Squid should
     have 50% filemap bits free when the cache is full. You can see how many
     filemap
   bits are being used by looking at the 'storedir' cache manager page. It
     looks like this:

        Store Directory #0: /usr/local/squid/cache
        First level subdirectories: 4
        Second level subdirectories: 4
        Maximum Size: 1024000 KB
        Current Size: 924837 KB
        Percent Used: 90.32%
        Filemap bits in use: 77308 of 157538 (49%)
        Flags:

   Now, if you see the ``You've run out of swap file numbers'' message, then
     it means one of two things:
    1. You've found a Squid bug.
    2. Your cache's average file size is much smaller than the
     'store_avg_object_size' value.

   To check the average file size of object currently in your cache, look at
     the cache manager 'info' page, and you will find a line like:
        Mean Object Size:       11.96 KB

   To make the warning message go away, set 'store_avg_object_size' to that
     value (or lower) and then restart Squid.
--

         (Sacado de /usr/share/doc/squid/FAQ-11.html).

--
 David Serrano <cyberchat2000.com@hue> - Linux Registered User #87069