RE: XFree 4.0

Pues yo refescaría la vista que tengo de la web porque mira esto, copiado y
pegado -->

XFree86 4.0 is availalbe
[March 2000]
XFree86 4.0 is now available. The documentation is available on-line.
Please read the README, release notes first.
The distribution is available from our ftp site. Souce and one or two
binary distribution are available as of 8 March.
Other binary distributions will follow shortly. Before downloading and
installing the binary distributions, please read the installation notes.

If you're looking for a stable version of XFree86, you will be better off
with the latest 3.3.x release in most cases.
There is some basic information comparing the hardware support in 3.3.x
with 4.0 in the driver status document.
Please check there to get an idea if your hardware is supported in 4.0.

Saludos

Daniel
-----

debian-user-spanish@lists.debian.org con fecha 10/03/2000 09.24.30

Destinatarios: mtrujillo@conei.com, debian-user-spanish@lists.debian.org
CC:      (cci: Daniel Ferradal Marquez/INFO/URQUIJO)
Asunto: RE: XFree 4.0

> Ya tenemos aquí la XFree 4.0!!!!!

pos yo acabo de echarle un vistazo a www.xfree86.org y solo hacen mencion a
esto:

The fourth pre-4.0 XFree86 snapshot is now available

     [February 2000]

     The fourth pre-4.0 XFree86 snapshot is now available. Its version
number is 3.9.18. See our snapshots page for further details. These
snapshot
     releases are work-in-progress snapshots of the XFree86 4.0 development
code. 3.9.18 is the final in our pre-4.0 snapshot series. We expect to
     release version 4.0 in March 2000.

     If you're looking for a stable version of XFree86, you will be better
off with the latest 3.3.x release in most cases.

Un saludo,

Enver Romon Sanchez
Analista Programador

O.N.C.E.