Securing mount (was Re: server hacked)

Thomas Sjögren <thomas@northernsecurity.net> wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 21, 2005 at 11:36:25PM +0200, Ulrich Fürst wrote:
> > Sorry, to bark in on the thread, but I have a (short?) question.
> > I once mounted my /home noexec. After that I couldn't log into my
> > user-account. How do you manage to be still able to log in?
>
> Never had any problems with that. Users usually dont execute files in
> /home.

I couldn't log in any more as I tried it some time ago. But I guess it
was due to something else.

I retried it today. Nearly everything worked.
The only thing (it's a standalone workstation) is the scripts in my
~/.kde/Autostart folder aren't executed anymore...

Is there any way, so I can mount my home noexec, but allow scripts to
run in a special folder?

Ulrich

--
http://aful.org/images/patent_banner.gif