Re: HPT366 / HPT370 RAID

On Friday 15 October 2004 12:19, Richard Mittendorfer wrote:
> Am 2004-10-15 11:23:18 schrieb(en) Michael Renner:
> > Nun binde ich das Modul hpt366 ein, und bekomme gemeldet:
> >
> > HPT370A: IDE controller at PCI slot 00:0a.0
> > PCI: Found IRQ 12 for device 00:0a.0
> > HPT370A: chipset revision 4
> > HPT370A: not 100% native mode: will probe irqs later
> > HPT37X: using 33MHz PCI clock
> >     ide2: BM-DMA at 0xa000-0xa007, BIOS settings: hde:DMA, hdf:pio
> >     ide3: BM-DMA at 0xa008-0xa00f, BIOS settings: hdg:DMA, hdh:pio
> >
> > Platten sind jedoch nicht zu sehen. Weder als hde/hdg noch sonst wo.
> > Ideen wie
> > es weitergeht?
>
> was läuft denn (kernel debian)? devfs/udev oder ohne? das sieht ja eh
> fein aus.

Gerade fand ich auf der Seite des herstellers einen Hinweis, der das Projekt
scheitern lässt:

Question: I have created a RAID array using the HighPoint host adapter's BIOS
utility. However, Linux does not seem to recognize this array - it recognizes
the disks separately. Why is this?
Answer: Linux kernel has built-in IDE support for many of HighPoint HPT3xx
IC’s (chipsets). However, it does not support our products’ native RAID
functions. The built-in IDE support must be disabled in order to use the
HighPoint RAID driver. Please refer to the installation guide included in
each driver download for more information.

Na ja, diese Inforamtion nur für's Archiv!

CU
--

|Michael Renner      E-mail: michael.renner@gmx.de  |
|D-72072 Tuebingen   Germany                        |