Re: (none)

Am Wed, 24 Mar 2004 05:50:12 +0100 schrieb Michael Mouneu:

> Do you speak( or write) english?
For Linuxing it's enough up to this point. Hope it's enough for you to ;-).

I am having trouble opening a file
> that I downloaded from the web. It uncompresses as a toast cd image and
> when I click on it, toast will open and it will show up as if I am
> supposed to burn it to a cd but I cant get it to become a readable or
> installable file.
If you downloaded an ISO9660 CD-Image you can loop mount it via:
mount -t iso9660 *your_image* /mnt/*mountpoint* -o loop
After that you can accsess your CD-Image under /mnt/*mountpoint*.

At the moment I can't remember a program that whould uncompress an iso9660
Image. Can anybody else *g*?
If it's not an iso9660 Image (a bin/cue for instance) it can be a litle
bit harder. However, apt-cache says that "bchunk" can handle them *g*.

>I was hoping that your article would help but I don't
> speak german.
Which article? Can you post the URL please?

> I would appreciate the help. Thank you for your time.
>
> Michael
> Los Angeles, California
Armin
Halle, Sachsen-Anhalt, Germany ^^