Re: TeTeX et Etch

Hello toutes et tous,

>>Ben, je ne suis pas dans la merde alors :
>>
>># dpkg -L tetex-bin | grep 35
>
>             ^^^^^^^^^
> euh, c’est censé être dans tetex-base, pas -bin...

>>Bon, semblerait que cela ait été releasée un peu vite cette Etch...
>>
>>Déjà, pour Sarge, TeTeX était foireux... je n'ai pas de bol :(

je ne fréquente pas Tetex :-) je ne peux guère vous aider...
Par contre il y a eu cette annonce en nangliche que je copie/colle en
espérant que cela serve !

"Dear fellow developers,

the Debian TeX Task force is currently preparing an upload of TeX Live
2007 to unstable.  With this version, teTeX will vanish as a separate
package and only continue to exist as transitional packages.

teTeX has been abandoned upstream.  TeX Live, which uses most of the
scripts developed for teTeX, is its successor in Debian (and elsewhere),
and we do not plan to support both systems beyond the lifetime of etch.

The transitional packages were designed to give users a sensible choice
of TeX stuff, depending on whether they had tetex-extra or only
tetex-bin installed.

They were *not* designed to minimize breakage for packages which
build-depend on teTeX: Be therefore prepared to experience some
breakage.  Note that many packages use a TeX system to create PS or PDF
documenation even if they do not explicitly Build-Depend on tetex, by
using debiandoc-sgml, linuxdoc-tools-latex or similar converters.

If you experience FTBFS problems (or, in the worst case, missing or
buggy documents if the build system is too lazy in checking its results,
or font substitutions occured), please send X-Debbugs-CC to
debian-tex-maint@lists.debian.org.  We plan to use the usertags
"builddep-tetex-ftbfs" and "builddep-tetex-buggy" for those cases (for
the user debian-tex-maint@lists.debian.org).

HOWTO fix you package:

There is no simple receipe for finding out which texlive packages are
needed.  For the case of using TeX at package build time, the best
approach is probably to try it out[1].  The same is
true for packages which generate LaTeX code.  For other cases, it's up
to the maintainer to decide which dependencies are needed, and maybe
which Recommends.  You can always ask on the list.

For the TeX Task Force,
Frank

[1] Ideally one should also compare the resulting DVI or PDF files and
look for font problems, in particular Type 3 fonts. pdffonts from
xpdf-utils is handy for that.
-- Dr. Frank Küster Single Molecule Spectroscopy, Protein Folding @
Inst. f. Biochemie, Univ. Zürich Debian Developer (teTeX/TeXLive)

>   Essaie la version texlive, je n’ai pas eu de soucis avec.

Bonne journée à tous
Claude