Re: installation de mondo

Je ne sais pas ce que ça va donner sur Etch, sous Sid j'avais posté un rapport de bogue ici :

et Andree Leidenfrost, le mainteneur du paquet, m'avait répondu ceci à ce propos :

> > Thanks a lot for reporting this bug.
> >
> > Could you run /usr/lib/mindi/DebFindFailsafe directly and let me know
> > what the outcome is, i.e. mail the output?
> >

> Perhaps we have the solution , output of /usr/lib/mindi/DebFindFailsafe
> gives following output :
>
>  /usr/lib/mindi/DebFindFailsafe
>  FATAL ERROR: Failed to get real kernel package for virtual kernel
>  package candiate(s) linux-image-2.6-486 kernel-image-2.6-386
>  linux-image-386. Terminating.

>  I am remembering, aptitude mentioned, one of the packages listed in the
>  error message were recommanded, but would not be installed.
>  Should I try with one of these packages installed ?

Yes, please. As you appear to be running a (self-compiled) 2.6.15 kernel
and are on sid, could you install linux-image-2.6-486 and try again?

We recommend one of these kernel packages to not enforce the
installation for people who don't need it and a space-conscious. But in
general, a recommends should be followed, really. Whether a 2.6 or a 2.4
kernel should be used, depends on what the machine in question is
running. We could of course recommend a 2.4 _and_ a 2.6 kernel but I
sincerely hope, that 2.4 will be removed from sid/etch soon anyway.

(I think I may have to redirect the output of DebFindFailsafe
to /var/log/mindi.log so that this is visible in the standard log.)

 PS = Will this dependance on linux-image-2.6-486 now stay ?

Yes, and it will automatically make it so that always the latest 2.6 486
kernel is available as failsafe.

Donc à, voir .... si ça fonctionne.

mahashakti89