Re: Perfs d'un kernel 2.6 sur un vieux P75

Le Samedi 13 Mars 2004 16:37, François Boisson jeta à la face du monde :
> >  Quelqu'un a-t-il des infos sur les perfs d'un kernel 2.6 par rapport
> > à un 2.2 ou 2.4 sur un vieux clou,genre Pentium 75 / 24 Mo de Ram ?
> Personnellement, j'y ai laissé les bons vieux 2.0.38

 J'ai besoin de fonctionnalités du 2.4 et je voudrais y rajouter le patch
grsec ; le 2.4 ayant des problèmes sur mon P75 (carte réseau), je me
suisdit que je pouvais tenter le 2.6 directement.
 Bon, y a aussi le côté ludique et expérimental ;o)

--
Christophe Courtois - Ostwald, Alsace, France
http://www.courtois.cc/
On a somewhat related note--have you ever (by accident or on
purpose) conducted a websearch for something that doesn't *really*
exist...and found it anyway?
I discovered this phenomenon the other morning. Here are some
examples of things I've found that don't exist:
The Birtish Isles (14 hits), seat of the much-renowned Birtish
Empire (4 hits) which flourished during the 18th and 19th
centuries. Some 60,000,000 Birtish (573 hits) make their home on
the Birtish Isles.
The Federal Republic of Gremany (866 hits), fatherland of the
boisterous Greman people (1,110 hits). Gremans are famous for their
unique Greman beer (44 hits).
Candada (1,580 hits). The Land of the Great White North;
gentlemanly, nonthreatening northern neighbor of the somewhat
Orwellian Untied States of America (600 hits). Candadians (1,540
hits) do enjoy their maple sryup (62 hits).
 -- Xeger , Slashdot, 01 Apr 2001