Re: RE : Smb sous konqueror 3.1

* Vincent Farget <farget@olfac.univ-lyon1.fr> [2003-03-06 14:12] :

[...]

> J'ai une autre question que je me pose et dont je n'ai pas trouvé la
> réponse :
>
> Pour une machine client samba qui N'AURAIT AUCUN PARTAGE A OFFRIR (pour
> l'utilisation simple de xSMBrowser/komba2/ect... en tant que logiciel
> d'aide à la connexion), faut-il avoir le paquet 'samba' d'installé ?
> Ou est-il seulement (comme je le pense) nécessaire lorsque l'on désire
> offrir des partage samba ?

J'aurais tendance à croire la description du paquet samba qui est
assez explicite :

$ apt-cache show samba
[...]
 This package contains all the components necessary to turn your
 Debian GNU/Linux box into a powerful file and printer server.
 .
 Currently, the Samba Debian packages consist of the following:
 .
  samba - A LanManager like file and printer server for Unix.
  samba-common - Samba common files used by both the server and the client.
  smbclient - A LanManager like simple client for Unix.
  swat - Samba Web Administration Tool
  samba-doc - Samba documentation.
  smbfs - Mount and umount commands for the smbfs (kernels 2.0.x and above).
  libpam-smbpass - pluggable authentication module for SMB password database
  libsmbclient - Shared library that allows applications to talk to SMB servers
  libsmbclient-dev - libsmbclient shared libraries
  winbind: Service to resolve user and group information from Windows NT servers
 .
 It is possible to install a subset of these packages depending on
 your particular needs. For example, to access other SMB servers you
 should only need the smbclient and samba-common packages.

Donc, samba n'est pas indispensable, par contre samba-common devrait
normalement l'être.

Fred