Re: Paquet mplayer

On 28 Jan 2002, Dabowl wrote:

> > > C'est écrit sur http://www.mplayer.fr.st
> > > Il faut rajouter dans le /etc/apt/source.list :
> > > - pour potato
> > > deb http://www.jofh.net/mplayer stable/
> > > deb http://marillat.free.fr/ stable main
> > > - pour la sid
> > > deb http://www.jofh.net/mplayer unstable/
> > > deb-src http://marillat.free.fr/ unstable main
> >
> > Pour l'instant le site est down.

http://www.MPlayerHQ.hu/homepage/dload.html

[...]
Precompiled packages

 It is NOT POSSIBLE to make fast and working binary packages of mplayer
now, because most of options are still autodetected or configured during
compilation. We're working on runtime cpu-detection, you can expect it in
next major release. Now it's forbidden to distribute binary packages of
MPlayer.

 Some people still make and distribute such DEB and RPM packages over the
net, but they were reported to be extremly slow or "just" broken by users.
We DO NOT give support for users of such precompiled packages, don't even
contact us!
[...]

D'ailleurs, je les appuie.  Chaque machine a des librairies totalement
differentes, et il faut savoir lesquel que la machine peut posseder, afin
d'inclure les supports requis lors de la compilation (et le CPU a
utiliser, pour les optimisations).

SVP, n'encouragez pas a prendre les binaires.

Debian est reconnu pour respecter les licences... faites la meme chose :)