Re: xfree4.0 and 3d accel

On Sat, Mar 03, 2001 at 04:33:36PM +1030, David Purton wrote:

> On Sat, 3 Mar 2001, Michael P. Soulier wrote:
>
> >     I have the first and last by different names so I can fix those with
> >     symlinks. I don't have the X11 and Xext modules. They're apparently
> >     provided by the xlibg6-dev package, but apt-get won't let me install
> >     it.
> >
> > Sorry, but the following packages have unmet dependencies: xlib6g-dev:
> > Depends: xlib6g (>= 3.3.2.3a-8) but it is not going to be installed
> >
> >     which is crap since I have
> >
> > ii  xlib6g         4.0.2-1        pseudopackage providing X libraries
> >
> >     installed.
> >
> >     Help?
> >

> you need the xlibs package

    Ok, but why did apt-get fail? I've met the listed dependencies.

    Mike

--
Michael P. Soulier <msoulier@storm.ca>
"With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. However, this is not necessarily a good idea. It is hard to be sure where they are going to land, and it could be  dangerous sitting under them as they fly overhead." -- RFC 1925