broken xlib?

Hello!

I 'v got a problem, probably caused by an update. On my system
potato was (now it's woody with exactly the same problem) running.

Something seems not to be correct with xlib or the locales stuff.
e.g. emacs gives me some warning:

  urmel@titiwu:~$ emacs20
  Warning: locale not supported by Xlib, locale set to C
  Warning: X locale modifiers not supported, using default

Netscape even crashes with a bus error.

The problem comes from X as locale definitions on the systems console work
fine.

At the moment xlib6g 3.3.6-11potato15 is installed, locale is version 2.2-6
Downgrading back to xlib6g 3.3.6-11potato13 did not work either...

What did I wrong?
Has anyone similar problems?

Bye, Martin

btw: How can it be that I have dead chars with kdm (before login), but none after
login?

--
Ernst Martin Witte        Tel./Fax:  0241/8940075
Kastanienweg 4, Zi. 2429  email: witte@kawo1.rwth-aachen.de

(g4 c g f g8 as) g2. '(g4 es c)(d c8 h)c2(b4 as8 g)as2(g4 f8 e)f1.
(Anton Bruckner)