Re: Intel EtherExpress Pro / 10 not recognized.

    hanasaki> Support was added to the kernel when Potato was
    hanasaki> installed.  The system does not seem to see the card.
    hanasaki> Any input would be appreciated.

Make sure you are using the latest kernel (2.2.18 or 2.4.0, I use
2.2.18).

On my broken-and-100%-untrusted-486, I kept getting serious looking
warning messages from the Ethernet card until about 2.2.18.

(note that I am checking it from a remote location, will need to check
the console to be sure).

This may have nothing to do with your problem though.
--
Brian May <bam@debian.org>