Re: save msgs to default mailbox in Mutt

On Sat, Jan 13, 2001 at 01:12:29AM +0100, Carel Fellinger wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 12, 2001 at 05:59:39PM -0500, mike wrote:
> > 	Since at least half-this list uses Mutt i thought i would ask
> > my Mutt question here.
>
> I'm no mutt guru, but I've learned that Mutt's Fine Manual is
> extremely accurate in its description of actions and what have you,
> but terse terse and terse:)
>
> > 	 I set up a save-hook to save any message to a default mailbox.
>
> So it's a *default*, that makes me guess mutt only fills in a likely
> answer to its save prompt and that there is noway to cicumvent the
> question.
>
> > So when i press 's' to save a message i get a prompt to save to the default
> > mailbox. I have not yet found a way to eliminate the prompt.
>
> > 	I have tried unset confirmappend, but that does'nt work even though
> > the manual says "When set, Mutt will prompt for confirmation when
> > appending messages to an existing mailbox".
>
> And this again works exactly as advertised, it controls that second
> question you can get:) The first question is only about the name of
> the file, the second question is whether it should append or not (in
> case you wanted it to be written to a file all by itself:)

	OK i'll agree with your fine reading of the terse descriptions, but
since Mutt lets me delete as many messages as i want without a prompt,
(set delete=yes); you think it would let me save just one message without
the prompt if i have gone through the trouble of setting the default
mailbox :).