Re: Accessibility as a reason to switch to XFCE?

On 11/05/2013 12:48 PM, Cyril Brulebois wrote:
> I think the point behind accessibility's being mentioned was to
> make sure the default desktop is accessible.

As the Orca maintainer, I really appreciate that. :)

Similarly, I really appreciate the work done by the XFCE guys. They
have been great in terms of working with me to improve the
accessibility support of their desktop. But they are an extremely
small team. And that work went on hold in 2011.

Given the significant accessibility issues in XFCE's panel, file
manager, and desktop, switching to XFCE arguably means introducing
accessibility regressions. That decision is, of course, yours to make.
I just wouldn't cite accessibility as a reason for making it, were I you.

FWIW.
--joanie