Re: Accessibility as a reason to switch to XFCE?

Hi,

and thanks for your input.

Piñeiro <apinheiro@igalia.com> (2013-11-05):
> So, there may be reasons for Debian to switch to XFCE. But IMHO,
> accessibility is not one of them.

Yes, initial a11y support in Gnome 3.x wasn't ideal, but thanks to
Emilio (if I remember correctly) we got some improved support right on
time for wheezy (in GDM specifically, still if I remember correctly).

I think the point behind accessibility's being mentioned was to make
sure the default desktop is accessible. I don't think anyone suggested
that current Xfce accessibility support is better than Gnome's.

Mraw,
KiBi.