Re: Debian maintenance of my GNU packages

On Thu, Feb 16, 2012 at 7:36 AM, Christian Grothoff wrote:

> Daniel said that uploading MHD to 'unstable' would have required
> "recompiling" gnunet.  I'm not sure how that qualifies as a complicated
> transition, but I'm not a DD.

There are several other source packages being built using libextractor
and libmicrohttpd. Due to the ABI change (SONAME bump and package
rename) in both of them, uploading to unstable would require all of
the reverse dependencies of both of them to be rebuilt to link against
the new SONAME and depend on the new package name and possibly some of
them to be patched by the maintainers in the case of API changes. This
is known as a 'transition' and requires co-ordination with the Debian
release team due to the possiblity of transitions getting entangled:

http://wiki.debian.org/Teams/ReleaseTeam/Transitions

These source packages need to be rebuilt for the
libextractor/libmicrohttpd transitions:

basenji: libextractor-dev
doodle: libextractor-dev
fossology: libextractor-dev
gmpc-plugins: libmicrohttpd-dev
gnunet-gtk: libextractor-dev
gnunet-qt: libextractor-dev
libextractor-java: libextractor-dev
psensor: libmicrohttpd-dev
vdr-plugin-xineliboutput: libextractor-dev
yubikey-server-c: libmicrohttpd-dev

--
bye,
pabs