Re: Debian maintenance of my GNU packages

On Mi, 15 feb 12, 20:09:34, Christian Grothoff wrote:

> Even against the 'experimental' versions of the packages, no bug
> reports have been filed.  We used to have a great relationship with
> our Debian maintainer (Daniel Baumann), but he has been quite
> inactive recently and/or only uploaded packages to 'experimental'.

Did you try to contact him (Daniel) about this?

> Would it be possible for some of you to help out and ensure that
> package updates happen in a somewhat timely fashion and are placed
> into the appropriate group (stable code does not belong into
> experimental) based on technical merit?

"experimental" is a bit of a misnomer. Especially in recent release
cycles packagers have used experimental for stable code for various
reasons, like staging (more or less complicated) transitions.

BTW, as far as I can see gnunet depends on both libextractor and
libmicrohttpd. It might be that Daniel is preparing them to be uploaded
to unstable together, so that they have a smooth transition to testing
;)

Hope this helps,
Andrei