Re: problem with netboot on ultra5

"Adam D . McKenna" <adam@flounder.net> writes:

> I am trying to boot net with an ultra5 here, I tried using the
> tftpboot-2.1.1-img, and also the regular tftpboot.img in the
> /pub/debian/dists/slink/main/disks-sparc directory on ftp.debian.org.  The
> tftpboot sequence appears to be working but it fails at 0x257600 with
> "illegal instruction"..  Does anyone know what the problem might be?  In the
> installation instructions, under section 5.2 (Description of System
> Installation Files), it lists a tftpboot-2.2.7 file, saying that it enables
> 64bit support.

2.2.7?  Really it says that?  Wow.  That should be 2.2.1 still.

>I can't seem to find this file anywhere, the link on the
> documentation is broken and it's not on the ftp site.

You should be using the 2.2.1-sun4u tftp image, i.e., the one you were
using, dists/stable/main/disks-sparc/current/tftpboot-2.2.1.img .

Can you give more details on your failure?  It is loading the kernel
from the network but immediatelly booting you back to the PROM?