Re: quota64?

On Mon, Jun 28, 1999 at 05:24:24PM -0400, Steve Dunham wrote:
> Antti Salmela <asap@lyseo.edu.ouka.fi> writes:
>
> > quota.user and quota.group use structure that depends on size of time_t.
> > Isn't time_t 64 bit on 64 bit platforms? I think we're going to need
> > quota64. Or is there one already?
>
> The userspace on the UltraSparc is 32-bit.  Structures from 32-bit
> programs are converted between sparc64 versions and sparc32 versions,
> as necessary, on kernel entry and exit.

There is just one problem, these structures are not passed by normal means.
They are used at those files, which are written to and read from directly
from userspace, without any conversions.

I was able to compile working quota-tools with patched sys/quota.h, where I
had placed dummy uint32s before time_ts. The ones from potato were definitely
not working.

--
Antti