Re: sparc64 and sparc architecture -- any consensus?

Adam Di Carlo <adam@onshore.com> writes:

> Steve Dunham <dunham@cse.msu.edu> writes:

> >Middle of the summer for the preliminary userspace toolchain.  It has
> >not been released yet.  Ultrapenguin no longer exists.  (It has been
> >replaced by Red Hat 6.0 - Jakub is now working directly on Red Hat to
> >reduce repetition of work.)

> Interesting.    Does RH 6.0 support sparc64 outta the box today?

Yes, all of the UltraPenguin sparc64 stuff was folded into RH 6.0,
_and_ some newer work by JJ and DM was added to RH 6.0 (incl. Ultra X
server fixes).  (This really does make sense - a lot of Jakub's time
was spent recompiling newer upstream RH stuff when it could have been
better spent fixing stuff.)

But we did get there first - released Debian 2.1 before RH 6.0. :)

Steve
dunham@cse.msu.edu