UltraSparc Power?

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone could compare/contrast the speed/power of an
UltraSparc 5 270 compared to a PC/Intel?

I am looking into purchasing a Sun and have found some reasonable prices
but having never made the jump am a little concerned that I might be
purchasing a computer thats slower than my current P133/128MB.  Sun are
saying that the 270 would be fine rather than the 333 and that an Ultra
5 would fit rather than an Ultra 10.  Could anyone comment a little as
I'm a bit beyond my knowledge and this is quite a big purchase for me?

It would be specifically for use with Linux, home usage with some 'fun'
software projects.

Also, can anyone tell me what the graphics are like under X.  The
ability to only do 24bit seems a little wak.  Does anyone think it would
be worth getting a Ultra 10 and better graphics?

Thanks in advance for any help,

Steve
ps apologies for cross-posting but I couldn't think of any
better/specific groups to ask.