Re: Can't install with nfs mount

Roger Foxcroft wrote:

> I'm afraid I don't the answer to your problem, but I wonder if you can tell me
> how you booted from the network? I have been trying to get my Ultra 5 to boot
> from another linux machine with bootp, but it sounds like you've done something
> a little different to that.

Hi!

OK, here is the procedure:

my i386 linuxbox:
	rarp -s ip_add hw_addr
	arp -s ip_add hw_addr
	cp tftpboot.img /var/tftp
	cd /var/tftp
	ln -s tftpboot.img ip_addr_in_hex	# something like A1357BA7 -
161.53.123.167

and ultra:
	boot net

That's it.

On the other hand, I solved my problem with lots of tweaking. Few
comments:
- root.bin in tftpboot.img is full till last block, I had to remove
fdisk from it to configure
- there is no nfs install support
- there are no tools to build tftpboot.img on i386-linux or
sparc-solaris

Regards,
Tomislav