Re: release critical gcc bugs

On 99-11-07 Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 07, 1999 at 10:21:05PM +0100, Christian Kurz wrote:

> > Which c-compiler is used by us, the maintainers and our users? Mostly is
> > gcc and so it's important that it becomes fixed. If you don't consider
> > those packages as important, I think you are leaving in an other world
> > then myself.

> Marking every g++ failure as release-critical is not OK, simply because
> the bugs have workarounds and are very, very difficult to fix.  If you

I never talked about marking every bug against g+= as RCB, but I would
say that in internal compiler error is an RCB-bug.

> meanwhile, there is nothing to be done.  We forward the bugs to the
> upstream authors, and we do what we can to figure out the problem, but
> in a piece of software as complex as gcc it can take a long time to
> uncover the bugs.

I never said, that this behaviour is bad or that I dislike it, but such
thinkg please be documented a bit more in the BTS?

Ciao
     Christian
* Christian Kurz                          Debian Developer/QA-Team *
*               Use Debian - a free Operating System               *