release critical gcc bugs

Christian Kurz writes:
> > Package: g++ (main)
> > Maintainer: Debian GCC maintainers <gcc@packages.debian.org>
> >   48530  g++ [alpha]: internal compiler error building open-amulet
>
> The bug is now about one week old and there seems to be no reaction
> from the maintainers. When does this important package gets fixed?

what do you want more than forwarding the bug and waiting for a fix?
Another compiler version does not seem to be an alternative.

why is this package important, it's _optional_?

> > Package: gcc (main)
> > Maintainer: Debian GCC maintainers <gcc@packages.debian.org>
> >   48527  gcc [alpha]: error compiling fweb
>
> This is also one week old and there's no reaction to it. This is
> release
> critical and also a important package, so I woud recommend finding a
> solution soon.

seems to be the same bug.

why is this package important, it's _optional_?

A fix was sent by the upstream authors, needs to be backported and
tested for alpha and then installed.

btw, why don't you consider dx _important_ and propose to remove it?