Re: New binutils uploaded for experimental (fwd)

On Fri, 3 Sep 1999, Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:

> OK, I feel stupid now.  I tested snapshots periodically and gave up on
> one check error I could not fix, and I see where it is now (but it's
> still there).  Probably due to the libtool hack.  Every 'make check'
> uses the -installed- versions of the shared libraries - or just fails
> if nothing with the right soname is installed.
>
> spawn /mnt/faur3/home/dan/binutils-2.9.5.0.10/builddir-single/binutils/ar rc
> tmpdir/artest.a tmpdir/abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz1 tmpdir/abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz2
> lt-ar: error in loading shared libraries: libbfd-2.9.5.0.10.so: cannot open shared object file: No such  file or directory
> lt-ar: error in loading shared libraries: libbfd-2.9.5.0.10.so: cannot open shared object file: No such  file or directory
>
> FAIL: ar long file names

I've seen this happen only if you build the binaries outside of the source
tree for some reason (since rules builds it in builddir-single, it fails).
If you'd like, I'll make a target in rules that'll run a full testsuite
that's really just for testing purposes.  I should do this anyway, but
it's not as easy to clean up after (easily solved still).

Basically, if you just want to run the testsuite, rebuild it by hand for
now.  By the next revision, I'll have a 'check' target in debian/rules.