Re: TeX Live 2022

Hi Hilmar,

> In the first step I tried to open an experimental branch for all this and
> start developing in there but "gbp import-orig.." replaces the upstream
> source on master:

You need to pass
	--git-debian-branch=experimental
(or --debian-branch, one of the two, gbp is stupid in that different
subcommands need different names) to merge into the experimental branch

> I'd continue working on master branch. I guess this is what you did in the
> past too.

I usually did it on the experimental until all worked, but don't worry.

You can of course also
	git reset --hard HEAD^
on the master, upstream, pristine-tar branches, and
	git tag -d upstream/....
to return to the state pre-gbp-import.

> I guess there are further things to do, like updating the "Breaks" statement
> for TL nonbin..

Only the
	Breaks: texlive-base (<< 2020)
needs an update to 2021 I guess.

All the best

Mercari Inc.     +     IFMGA Guide     +     TU Wien     +     TeX Live