Re: "missing" file

On 4/11/20 10:35 AM, Hilmar Preuße wrote:
Am 11.04.2020 um 08:16 teilte Pierre Couderc mit:
On 4/11/20 1:57 AM, Norbert Preining wrote:
On Fri, 10 Apr 2020, Pierre Couderc wrote:
Hi,

LaTeX Error: File `makecmds.sty' not found
Install texlive-latex-extra

Fine, thank you very much!

But please note this is a bug in debian packaging of texlive. Should I
fill a bug report or this mail is enough...?

What do you suggest as solution? makecmds.sty should be removed from
texlive-lang-french to avoid confusion?

Below /usr/share/doc/texlive-doc/latex/epslatex-fr/ are a lot more style
files installed and for all of them we'd need to evaluate if they are
duplications.

I am sorry that I am a basic user, and a debian user. I do not understand what is in the debian texlive packages...

What I see is that makecmds.sty is missing so lualatex does not work.

I cannot suggest something, except maybe include texlive-latex-extra somewhere (in texlive package?) so that the bug  does not occur,  or maybe include it not as a dependency if it is a problem but as "recommended".

But certainly you have  a better solution...

Anyway, the point is not mainly  that makecmds.sty is in texlive-lang-french but the fact that makecmds.sty is required and not provided, and no indication is given me that I should install texlive-latex-extra.

I accept the fact that I have not installed all the package needed, but I should like to know what is missing (in terms of package not files...but I understand it is not easy).

Thank you all for the help and the port on debian !

PC