Re: why info-doc non-free

> 1.*I* could've been able to look to /usr/share/doc/texinfo by myself.
> Though I must say, this is now the first time that I generally speaking

/usr/share/doc/<pkg> is the *canonical* location of documentation
in Debian.

> with man, info and on the official project pages). But I wouldn't have
> looked into .../changelog.Debian.gz, but into README.Debian, where I

You searched for an *explanation*, the correct explanation is simply
that the license is not DFSG free. End of the story.

Furthermore, have you *read*
  /usr/share/doc/texinfo/README.Debian
??? There it is written:

  Documentation
  =============
  This package does not contain the info documentation of info and texinfo,
  as they are licensed under the GNU Free Document License with Cover Texts,
  which is considered as non-free in Debian.

  The documentation can be found in the package texinfo-doc-nonfree in the
  non-free section.

I think this is enough information written, and in the *absolutely:
correct location, README.Debian.

> Furthermore I looked for the bug on the project page
> (http://savannah.gnu.org/projects/texinfo/), not finding it.

Absolutely no relation. We are discussing *only* the packaging of
texinfo in Debian.

> 2. We're talking about the texinfo-nonfree-package, which also has the
> document for 'info info', which should really be easily accessibly for

  man info

(as you said you *are* using man) is telling you what you want:

SEE ALSO
       The full documentation for info is provided by the texinfo-doc-nonfree package as a Texinfo manual.  If
       this package is installed at your site, the command

              info info

       should give you access to the complete manual.  (Or, if you have Emacs, M-x info will lead to the  man‐
       ual.)

So I really really really don't have the slightest idea what you are
complaining about, besides that you didn't read what was clearly
stated in README.Debian.

mfg

Accelia Inc.     +    JAIST     +    TeX Live     +    Debian Developer