Re: [RFC] TL2013 and again a new layout?

Norbert Preining <preining@logic.at>
Sun, 28 Apr 2013 21:58:13 +0900

   Hi Eythan,

   > I think the first option is better suited to debian, exactly
   > because it avoids the  competition  with texlive packages.

   Which competition are you talking about?

Perhaps I miss something....  Take the context package as an
example.  At the moment it is installed in /usr/share/texmf.
If you decide to abandon it as a debian package, context
will be part of texlive, installed in the same location.  If
someone wants to pick it up as separate debian package it
does not have natural place to install.

   Norbert

   PS tending to the all in /usr/share/texmf option ...

Eythan