Re: texlive in Ubuntu

On 7 May 2012 09:42, Norbert Preining <preining@logic.at> wrote:
> Hi Jeremy,
>
> I saw that the texlive packages are now in Ubuntu, and also saw
> some patches in Ubuntu that might be useful for Debina.

And I saw that texlive 2011 is now in testing. Yay!

Thanks also for looking at the Ubuntu packaging.

> Starting with texlive-bin: I have now for the next release
> (not the one I uploaded this morning, too late, sorry) included
> your patch xdvi-zoom-with-eps-figures.patch, that should reduce
> the differences.
>
> What remains are the build-deps for texlive-bin. Would it help you
> if we change
>        libpng-dev
>        libpng-dev | libpng12-dev
> ? I.e, would it stop the need for patching for Ubuntu? It is easy for
> me to add, but want to check back with you guys.

I believe I misunderstand the libpng transition for Ubuntu. Apparently
build-depending on libpng-dev works fine in Ubuntu so we can drop the
Ubuntu-specific change I added a few weeks ago. I believe Ubuntu can
sync texlive-bin directly from Debian with the next release then.

Thanks,
Jeremy