Re: RM?: independent cwebx and cweb-latex package

Hi,

On Thu, Jul 12, 2012 at 05:19:16PM +0100, Julian Gilbey wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 12, 2012 at 08:58:59PM +0900, Osamu Aoki wrote:
> > Hi Julian and Tex people,
> > cweb:         removed   in   2005 (texlive-extra-utils contains this)
> > cwebx:        unchanged from 2007
> > cweb-latex:   unchanged from 2007 (texlive-latex-extra contains this)
> cweb: definitely to be removed
> cweb-latex: I will upload a transition package for wheezy and it can
> be removed for wheezy+1
> cwebx: 0.1% is still a lot of people.  If people have written cwebx
> programs, why remove the compiler?  cwebx itself is perfectly fine.

Thanks for your clarification. I agree.

As I checked cwebx
| This version is a complete rewrite of Levy & Knuth's version of CWEB.
| It uses a slightly different syntax from the L&K version, but provides a
| compatibility mode allowing

cwebx is not duplicate of cweb.

But is there any reason to keep cwebx as independent package in future?

Maybe integrating into texlive-extra-utils seems reasonable thing for
long run if we keep this in archive.

Osamu