Re: texlive size increase

On Mo, 26 Mär 2012, Julien Cristau wrote:
> Well on the other hand I'm pretty sure I don't need 90% of those fonts,
> so some kind of split in smaller pieces might be nice.  But I understand
> that's more work for you, so I'll swallow the extra 500M...

I understand, but we follow the splitting of TeX Live itself. So every
collection on the TeX Live side is mapped into a Debian packages.
We did already a split of the doc files, so that you do not have to
install the doc files if you don't want.

Splitting further seems to be complicated and prone to more problems,
on which basis should we split collection-fontsextra/texlive-fonts-extra?

HOYLAKE (n.)
The pool of edible gravy which surrounds an inedible and disgusting
lump of meat - eaten to give the impression that the person is 'just
not very hungry, but mmm this is delicious'. Cf. Peaslake - a similar
experience had by vegetarians.