Re: TL2012 status 2012-03-07

Julian Gilbey <julian@d-and-j.net> wrote:

> Just looking at the texlive-base package; why does it have compiled
> linux-i386 in the .orig.tar.gz?

That seems to be because in tpm2deb-src.pl, everything is now done in
the function copy_unpack_included_packages, whereas in TL2009, the main
work seems to have gone on in copy_collection_files.

foreach my $coll (@{$TeXLive{'source'}{$src_package}{'binary_packages'}}) {
	copy_unpack_included_packages($coll, $texlivedest);
	#copy_collection_files($coll,$texlivedest,$types);
}

At least the latter function honors $types, which is set to "RunFiles
DocFiles SourceFiles":

foreach my $type (split(/ /,$types)) {
	@allfiles = (@allfiles, @{$lists{$type}});
}
COLLFILE: foreach my $f (@allfiles) {
	foreach my $pat (@{$TeXLive{'all'}{'file_blacklist'}}) {
		if ($f =~ m|^${pat}$|) { next COLLFILE ; }
	}
	mycopy("$Master/$f","$destination/$f");
}

I find this a bit strange - it seems to me that currently we ignore any
blacklisting, too.

However, I don't know about the changes to the tlpkg database that
_allowed_ to build orig.tar.gz with copy_unpack_included_packages only.
Norbert, can you give us a hint?

Frank Küster
Sprecher B90/Grüne OV Miltenberg und Umgebung
VCD Miltenberg, ADFC Aschaffenburg-Miltenberg
Debian Developer (TeXLive)