Re: TL2012 status 2012-03-07

On Di, 13 Mär 2012, Frank Küster wrote:
> That seems to be because in tpm2deb-src.pl, everything is now done in
> the function copy_unpack_included_packages, whereas in TL2009, the main
> work seems to have gone on in copy_collection_files.

Hmm, seems reaonable.

> I find this a bit strange - it seems to me that currently we ignore any
> blacklisting, too.

Also that seems to be true ... welll ... someone has to look into it.
Maybe that has to rewritten a bit.

> However, I don't know about the changes to the tlpkg database that
> _allowed_ to build orig.tar.gz with copy_unpack_included_packages only.
> Norbert, can you give us a hint?

Before we copied each file one by one, now we just unpack
from a .tar.xz as distributed by tlnet archive.

I want to base on the daily snapshots of tlnet, because that gives a
fixed date and not some svn number. And maybe it was wrong and we
should go back to copy_collection_files ... if someone tries to do
it I would be happy.

MASSACHUSETTS (pl.n.)
Those items and particles which people who, after blowing their noses,
are searching for when they look into their hankies.