Re: TL2012 status 2012-03-06

> tl-paper.pl I wrote *only* for you

Yes, I got that.  Thanks very much!

>> That would make things much easier to code in the libpaper script.
>
> Hmmm... I cannot do this change so easily. We can do it for Debian,
> but not for TeX Live, as it might have more consequences.
>
> Why is it such a problem? Ah, you need to know if it failed ...
>
> THis is a serious drawback at the current state, we don't have a consistent
> error code handling in the TL perl modules and scripts. Unfortunately.
> And I don't have the time to go over the whole code and fix it everywhere,
> taking care not to change the semantics.

It is not sooo hard;  the difference is about

  for binary in "$@"; do
-   if $paper_prg set $binary $LibpaperPaper; then
+   if $paper_prg list $binary | grep "^$LibpaperPaper\$"; then
      # all is well
-     :
+     $paper_prg set $binary $LibpaperPaper

Ugly, but not a pain.

Frank Küster
Sprecher B90/Grüne OV Miltenberg und Umgebung
VCD Miltenberg, ADFC Aschaffenburg-Miltenberg
Debian Developer (TeXLive)