Re: TL2012 status 2012-03-06

> But before that I need one lintian error fixed (or ignored), FRANK!
> 	E: texlive-base: no-debconf-config
> 	The package contains a "templates" file in its control area but
> 	has no corresponding "config" script. This is occasionally OK,
> 	but is usually an error.
> Do you understand that? What do I have to do here?

Under normal circumstances, the libpaper code just reads out the
libpaper setting and transfers it to the TeX programs.  There is no user
interaction, hence no config script is needed.  The templates are only
needed for error messages (in the postinst phase).

Therefore a lintian override is the right thing to do.

> - libpaper support/check/fix

I would like to filter out the paper size at the end of the output line
of

TeXLive::TLPaper::do_paper($prg,$texmfsysconfig,undef)

which looks like this:

Current xdvi paper size (from /etc/texmf/xdvi/XDvi): a4

However, something like

      my $paperline = TeXLive::TLPaper::do_paper($prg,$texmfsysconfig,undef);

does not work at all ($paperline is undef, obviously the output is to
STDERR).  Can you give me a hint?  The line is produced by the "info"
function which tries to detect whether the file handle is "machine
readable":

sub info {
  my $str = join("", @_);
  my $fh = ($::machinereadable ? \*STDERR : \*STDOUT);
  logit($fh, 0, $str);
  for my $i (@::info_hook) {
  }
}

But how do I convince it that I am not a machine?

Frank Küster
Sprecher B90/Grüne OV Miltenberg und Umgebung
VCD Miltenberg, ADFC Aschaffenburg-Miltenberg
Debian Developer (TeXLive)