Re: Debian package for PGF 2.10

On Mon, 14 Mar 2011, Danai SAE-HAN (韓達耐) wrote:

Hi Faheem

2011/3/14 Faheem Mitha <faheem@email.unc.edu>:

On Mon, 14 Mar 2011, Danai SAE-HAN (韓達耐) wrote:

2011/3/14 Faheem Mitha <faheem@email.unc.edu>:

Should one be using dh_installtex instead? I'm not clear about that.

Indeed.  Have a look at "man dh_installtex" (part of "tex-common").

If the package contains fonts, hyphenation patterns or formats, then check
the "complex usage" (but i don't think that's the case with PGF). Otherwise
just run "dh_installtex -ppackage" in debian/rules to trigger "mktexlsr".
 Make sure you get the right dependencies in debian/control (i.e.
"tex-common").

So this will generate correct postinst and postrm files automatically? That
seems to be what the man page is saying, but I'm not sure I've understood it
correctly. Thanks.

Indeed, dh_installtex will take care of updating the ls-R entries on
your system, but the standard paths and the local TEXMF tree.
IOW, you don't have to run "mktexlsr" manually anymore; just rely on
the dh_installtex command to do the work for you.

I looked at the generated postinst and postrm and they are alarmingly complex. I guess I'll have to take it on faith that they do the right thing.

I think tex-common is both a build and runtime dependency here. Can someone confirm this?

                                                    Regards, Faheem